SCA Futurity Stake
April 22-26, 2024, Wilmington, Ohio
The purposes of the Futurity are to encourage the breeding of the best possible Schipperkes and to reward the breeders for their efforts. For these reasons, the Futurity Stake prizes are divided between the breeder and the owner, with recognition also given to the contribution of the sire.
- The breeder nominates a litter (or select puppies from the litter) by the age of 5 months for a fee of $20.00.
- The breeder will be sent a Futurity litter number indicating the eligibility of the nominated litter. This litter number should be given to owners of puppies from this litter that the breeder wishes to be entered in the Futurity and withheld from owners of puppies from this litter that the breeder does not wish to be entered in the Futurity.
- To be entered for Futurity stake judging, a puppy from a nominated litter must be entered in one of the regular classes at the SCA National Specialty. The Futurity entry must be indicated as an additional class on the regular show entry and the Futurity litter number must be written on the entry form. There will be an additional entry fee listed in the premium list for the Futurity Stake.
- A dog from a litter not nominated in the above manner may be nominated at any time after the age of 5 months and before the close of entries by paying a late nomination fee of $50.00 plus the entry fee. The late nomination must have the written approval of the breeder.
- The 2023 Futurity stake is for any properly nominated and entered Schipperke that is at least six months old and under 18 months old on the date of the Futurity competition and that has not been eligible for any previous Futurity Stakes.
- Classes will be divided by sex and age: 6-9 months, 9-12 months, and 12-18 months. Class winners will compete for Best in Futurity (BIF) and Best of Opposite Sex (BOS) to Best in Futurity.
- The date of the Form Submission/Payment for the nomination establishes date of nomination. Entry must be received by the regular show closing date. There will be no refunds.
- Transfer of ownership shall not affect nomination status.
All monies from nominations and entry fees (less 35% withheld for SCA expenses) will be divided as follows:
- Best in Futurity 15%
- Owner of Sire of BIF 5%
- BOS to BIF 5%
- Allocated to Classes 60%
- Breeder of BIF 15%
Class monies will be divided:
- First 40%
- Third 20%
- Second 30%
- Fourth 10%
ONLINE FORM SUBMISSION OPTIONS
Litter Nomination – Nominate a litter, thus making all puppies in the litter eligible for enrollment in the SCA Futurity to be held this year. The nomination must be submitted no later than five (5) months after the whelping date. Nomination Fee is $20. A valid email address is required so that you can receive your futurity number.
Late Litter Nomination – Nominate a dog for enrollment in the SCA Futurity to be held this year. Your submission confirms that this dog is from a litter that has not been previously nominated for enrollment in the SCA Futurity. The owner must have the written permission of the breeder. Late Nominations must be submitted by close of entries for the National Specialty. Late Nominate Fee is $50 for each puppy, plus $20 Nomination Fee. Email written breeder approval to the Futurity Chair after you complete this form.
Maturity Challenge Class
The addition of the Maturity Challenge as a regular event at our National was unanimously approved by the SCA Board of Directors at the 2010 National in Colorado Springs and will be introduced at the 2011 National Specialty Show.
The Maturity is designed to be educational and a complement to the Futurity. By bringing back the previous Futurity nominees and showcasing them as adults, breeders will have the opportunity to see not only how individual dogs have developed, but also how particular bloodlines grow and mature. The ages of the dogs will range from those that were Futurity eligible the immediately preceding National Specialty up to eight years of age. Maturity Dogs need not be entered in the regular classes. In addition, to fully evaluate bloodlines, we will also accept spayed and neutered dogs.
The Maturity is for adult dogs that came from nominated litters. They need not have been shown in the Futurity, but must have been part of a Futurity nominated litter. They may be shown in Maturities until 8 years of age. Owners of eligible dogs will have the right to enter those dogs.
SCA will offer cash prizes for class placements as with the Futurity. Entry fee for the Maturity each year will be the same amount as the entry fee for the Futurity. Please contact current Futurity Chair for eligibility. Entry form for Maturity will be in the Premium List for each National Specialty.
There will be one judge for Maturity who will select Best in Maturity and Best Opposite Sex to Best in Maturity. The person who judges Futurity may also judge Maturity.
Maturity Challenge Classes – open to all qualified dogs and bitches that were Futurity eligible the immediately preceding National Specialty to eight years old. Classes divided by sex.
- Maturity Class 1 – Open to dogs and bitches that were Futurity eligible the immediately preceding National Specialty and under four years old on the date of the event.
- Maturity Class 2 – Open to dogs and bitches that are four years old and under six years old on the date of the event.
- Maturity Class 3 – Open to dogs and bitches that are six years old and under eight years old on the date of the event.
The six class winners will compete for Best in Maturity and Best Opposite Sex to Best in Maturity. Best in Maturity winners will not be eligible to compete in future Maturity events.