As a member of the Schipperke Club of America (SCA), I pledge to uphold the goals of the club as set forth in the SCA constitution, to encourage good sportsmanship in the sport of dogs, and to set an example of honorable kennel business practices when dealing with any person.
Specifically, I further pledge:
- To uphold the American Kennel Club (AKC) rules applying to Dog Shows and Registration, particularly as regards the maintenance of complete and accurate breeding records.
- To accept and uphold the Standard of the Schipperke as developed by the SCA and approved by the AKC
- To breed Schipperkes only with the aim of maintaining or improving the qualities of the breed as set forth in the standard, and not for personal gain. I will never knowingly sell puppies to wholesalers, laboratories or to pet stores, and will encourage any puppy buyers to behave similarly
- To serve as an example of good sportsmanship in any aspect of the sport of dogs, and to assist and befriend newcomers and novices to the best of my ability
- To keep myself informed in the fields of dog health and genetics and to carefully screen all breeding stock for hereditary faults or disqualifying defects, removing any questionable animals from my breeding program and
- To conduct all my kennel practices in clear, honorable, and open fashion, and to use written agreements or contracts whenever possible.